Making a sale is great but did you know you can increase sales in your online business significantly just by adding little extras? Here are 10 simple yet very effective business strategies to make internet marketing work for you:
- In web marketing, the first sale with a customer shouldn’t be the last. Follow it up with a thank-you email and include a pitch for your other products. Make regular follow-up emails. The goal here is to build a relationship with customers. Keeping in constant contact with them will result in repeat orders for the same or other products you have.
- Try to upsell to your customers. When they are at the order page of your site, make them aware of other related products your business is selling. They can just add them to the original order.
- Offer your customers a bonus. If they refer four people to your site and you close a sale with them, the referror gets a rebate on his purchase price. In return, you get three sales instead of one.
- Another simple marketing strategy is to turn your customers into your own salesmen. If they buy a product from your site, they have the option to join an affiliate program where they get commissions for selling your product.
- Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to your products. This online marketing technique can generate sales for the reproduction rights and sales on the back end product.
- Make an arrangement with other small businesses to include your product in a package deal. You can include an ad or flyer for your other products and indirectly use them to sell for you.
- When shipping your product to a customer, include in the package a coupon for your other products. This will attract them to use the coupon to buy more products from you.
- Send your customers an e-catalog of add-on products for the original product they purchased. This could be upgrades, special services, attachments, etc. If they enjoy your product they will buy the extra add-ons. This is a form of online advertising that doesn’t cost you anything but gives a return.
- Gift certificates are actually web advertising in disguise. Sell gift certificates for your products. These are considered closed deals. When the recipient uses them, he will see your other products and may buy other items from your site, adding more sales.
- Send your customers free products with their product package. The freebies should have your ad printed on them. It could be bumper stickers, ball caps, t-shirts etc. This will allow other people to see your ad and order.
These internet advertising techniques are so easy you can start implementing them immediately. And before long you can see the increase in conversion rate. It is these little add-ons that make your customers feel special and important so that they will keep coming back.